Team Challenge Instructions
Riders can now form their own teams to take part in Dressage Anywhere competitions and win prizes! Riders can compete as individuals in a class of their choice with scores counting towards their team’s placing in the Team Challenge!
- Create your team account
- Each team will need an administrator to create the team account and a minimum of three members.
- To create your team account, click the Register link, select Team as the account type and complete the online form.
- Add Dressage Anywhere members to your team
- Invite your fellow team members to also register with Dressage Anywhere, selecting Individual as the account type on the registration page.
- To add existing Dressage Anywhere members to your team you will need the e-mail address they use to log into the website (this is so we can link their entries to your team).
- Login and choose My Profile from the My Dressage Anywhere menu. Under the Team Members tab input the e-mail addresses of your members and click Add to Team.
- Enter competitions
- The team administrator can enter and pay for test entries for all team members. Simply enter and pay for the number of tests your team is entering.
- Individual team members with a Dressage Anywhere account can enter and pay for test entries. Ask them to ensure the Team Member button is highlighted on their video upload page otherwise their score won’t count towards the team result.
- Enter non Dressage Anywhere members
- To enter non Dressage Anywhere members into classes, team administrators can purchase entries and add rider and horse names on the video upload page.
- Upload videos
- Ride and video the dressage tests.
- Either the team administrator or an individual team member can upload videos from their My Dressage Anywhere page.
- Go to the My Dressage Anywhere menu and choose My Entries and then the Team tab. From here you can assign each entry to a team member or input the name of a non Dressage Anywhere member. Click to confirm your choice – you can’t undo this once confirmed.
- Score sheets
- Team administrators or individual team members registered with Dressage Anywhere can download score sheets and check the scoreboard to view overall class results.
- To view a score sheet, go to the My Dressage Anywhere menu and click My Entries. Your team’s score sheets can be accessed from the Team tab.
- The percentages of the riders with the three highest scores will be averaged to give the overall Team score – check the Team Challenge scoreboard to see how your team has scored against other teams taking part.
- The Team with the highest average score in any one month during the period of the challenge wins the Team Challenge!
The Team Challenge rules are as per the Dressage Anywhere rules and in addition:
- Teams must be made up of three competitors or more, but only the top three scores will count. There is no maximum number of team members.
- Groups may enter more than one team, which must be administered separately and riders must remain in their original team for the duration of the challenge.
- Horses and ponies can be ridden by more than one rider.
- Horse and rider combinations may not enter a class more than one level below their highest entry in a competition class up to Medium. For instance an Elementary combination may not enter a Preliminary class.
- During the course of the year The Pony Club, the Riding for the Disabled, Jim Boyle's Ex-Racehorses and Blue Chip Freestyle to Music competition series have separate Championships which do not count for the Team Challenge (or the Rider League).
- Every team member does not need to enter every month, although by doing so you’ll maximise your chances.
Following feedback from our competitors about scoring we have made a change to the way points are allocated to make it fairer for all. Points awarded will now be based on the total number of entries in each class.
Points are awarded to each placed rider as in the table below, all other riders score 1 point. The highest three scores for riders in each team are added together and the final team score is based on the best month each team has achieved. In the event of a tie for first place, the team which has gained the most points throughout the year wins.